The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) is Australia's most awarded 3D animation, game design and visual FX educator. Created as a non-profit organisation to grow the creative digital sector, AIE pioneered the development of specialist game qualifications and continues to innovate through industry partnerships and dynamic teaching.
AIE courses are practical, career-focused and delivered by industry experienced teachers in a seriously fun and creatively-demanding studio environment. AIE and its graduates have won many awards over the years including winning the Australian Small Training Provider of the Year Award twice (2016 and 2007) and the ACT Small Training Provider of the Year Award six times (2020, 2016, 2012, 2007, 2005, 2002).
To be the premier 3D animation, visual effects and computer games educator in Australia and globally through the development of innovative courses and industry development.
To be a catalyst for building the interactive entertainment and related industries, primarily, by producing industry ready graduates through the provision of world class 3D animation, visual effects and game development education.
The primary objectives of the not-for-profit Academy of Interactive Entertainment are to:
- Provide accredited public access, Industry sponsored and full commercial courses and programs appropriate to the interactive entertainment industry, including courses in 3D Animation, Computer Programming, Music and Film;
- Provide Incubator courses monitored by appropriate industry providers and customised courses to meet industry demand;
- Encourage the growth of a strong regional industry and foster the expansion of employment opportunities in the industry;
- Undertake research and development activities in association with industry suppliers and commercial developers;
- Foster and promote the development of industry networks and affiliations, both nationally and internationally, and promote the establishment of a Computer Games Developers Association and Conference;
- Assist graduates of the Academy to find work in the industry and employers to recruit trained and qualified staff;
- Form alliances with other institutions, both in Australia and internationally, to promote and develop training for the Industry;
- Foster and promote the development of new and small businesses by offering networking opportunities, mentoring, and office accommodation with a range of support services, and
- Assist and offer residential accommodation to students, Industry participants, tenants, clients and/or employees and owners of new and small businesses.