ACT User Choice Funding
AUSTRALIAN TRAINEESHIPS – USER CHOICE (ACT) FUNDING TRAINING INITIATIVE
AIE Canberra and Online Campuses are approved to provide training services to eligible students delivered with ACT User Choice funding. This funding is not available to students studying in Sydney, Adelaide or the Melbourne campuses and Online students must live or work in the ACT.
User Choice Funding (UCF) is an Australian Government Apprenticeship and Traineeship initiative that provides partial funding for training to eligible individuals and groups. User Choice Funding enables equal opportunity to participate in enhancing skills and the chance for a brighter future.
Australian Apprenticeships in the ACT are funded by the ACT and Australian Governments.
Qualifications are delivered by Nationally Registered Training Organisation, Academy of interactive Entertainment Ltd, RTO 88021.
HOW DOES USER CHOICE FUNDING WORK?
Traineeships are combined with structured training and paid work, allowing trainees to earn while they learn and receive a nationally recognised qualification.
Apprenticeship Network Providers (ANP) initiate User Choice funded training contracts and is linked between the employer, trainee and registered training organisation (AIE). In ACT Surina Russo is the contracted network provider and can be contacted directly to assist with your journey.
Group training organisations (GTO) are also able to assist with starting a traineeship and AIE are working with Australian Training Company (ATC) closely to promote traineeships within digital media design and creative industries businesses in the ACT.
For further information please refer to the ACT Government Skills Canberra website here.
WHAT TRAINEESHIPS CAN I STUDY WITH AIE?
AIE is targeting increasing traineeship opportunities for the digital media design and creative industries. We have a pre-traineeship qualification to assist with preparing to enter the workforce or boosting your communication literacy (digital or written) and/or numeracy skills. This support is also available while completing your traineeship.
Qualifications AIE offer with User Choice (ACT) funding are:
- ICT50220 - Diploma of Information Technology
- CUA51020 - Diploma of Screen and Media
- ICT30120- Certificate III in Information Technology
- CUA31020 - Certificate III in Screen and Media
- CUA30720 - Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- CUA31115- Certificate III in Visual Arts (coming soon!)
- ICT20120 - Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- CUA20220 - Certificate II in Creative Industries
- FSK20119- Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
Am I Eligible?
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR USER CHOICE (ACT) FUNDING:
You are eligible for an ACT training contract if you are:
- an Australian citizen; or
- an Australian permanent resident; or
- New Zealand passport holder resident for more than 6 months; or
- an eligible visa holder
- working in the ACT and receiving remuneration for your work
- at least 15 years of age
- completing a minimum of 15 hours combined work and training per week
- Employed on a part-time or full-time basis (not casual) when you commence your training
- undertaking an approved Australian Apprenticeships qualification with an approved registered training organisation
- have the required supervision in the workplace for an Australian Apprentice
- your training provider has deemed the course as suitable for you
- you have not completed this qualification within the last 7 years
In addition to the above, to be eligible for an ACT training contract an Australian School-based Apprentice must:
- be enrolled in a school under legislation that covers education in the relevant state/territory
- combine part time work with an employer and structured industry-approved training whilst attending school
- continue employment and on/off-the-job training throughout the year including school holidays.
Please Note: This indicator is to be used as a guide only. It does not guarantee you a government-subsidised place with the Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE). AIE will determine your eligibility by conducting a full assessment of your eligibility during your enrolment process.
You can see the student tuition fees on the individual course page (see the links to courses above). The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
REGISTRATION AUDIT REPORT AND QUALITY INDICATORS
The most recent registration audit report and quality indicators are available on AIE Policy and Procedure page.