Game Development Foundations
Certificate III in Information Technology ICT30120
The Game Development Foundations course will allow you to create 3D games using the powerful Unity 3D game engine. Students will be introduced to industry standard tools and techniques for game development.
The course covers:
- Use C# to develop games in Unity 3D
- Learn about game mechanics and how to implement them
- Create games faster as you learn rapid prototyping
- Explore Unity3D’s components and scripting to generate levels, special effects, user interface and game logic
- Import artwork assets for games
- Manage projects using version control and collaboration tools
- Successful completion awarded with Certificate III in Information technology
This course may be eligible for State Government funding.
See information under each campus intake.
During the course you will develop two games and a web page to display them; the first game introduces you to development in Unity3D. The final production allows you, in small teams or individually, to create the concept, manage the scope, integrate art assets and test a game.
The project based modules ensure that you gain practical skills that can be used in game development beyond the course. Unity3D has plugins which export apps and games for IOS and Android mobile devices (additional software and licencing required).
The Game Development Foundations course is delivered face to face and also online, using Adobe Connect, allowing you see and interact in real time with your lecturer and class mates. You will be able to participate in group discussions and team work easily through a web browser. Each session will also be recorded allowing you to never miss a class discussion. You can also interact in class sessions from a variety of mobile platforms.
Successful completion of the course will allow you to continue to develop games and will build a portfolio for entry into AIE’s Advanced Diploma level courses.
Game Programming News