Canberra Holiday Courses
- Holiday courses run from 9.00am until 4.00pm
- The campus is open from 8.45am
- All participants will receive a certificate of completion
- Students are encouraged to bring a USB stick to save their work
- For more information on any of these courses please contact our Student Liaison Officer on 02 6162 5131 or email us at email@example.com. To register for these courses, please fill out the application form below
- AIE in Canberra is located at Block E, Canberra Technology Park, 49 Phillip Avenue, Watson, ACT 2602
- For directions to the AIE Canberra Campus, please visit this page
- Supervision is available after the designated finish time but all students need to be collected by 5pm as the campus closes promptly at that time
ONLY Logged in users see this note
FULL LABEL - REPLACE BACKGROUND COLOUR IN TABLE TD STYLE
background: url('/wp-content/themes/bb-theme-child/images/course-full.png') no-repeat scroll -3px -2px #ffa800; text-decoration: line-through;
|Age||Mon 5th Oct||Tue 6th Oct||Wed 7th Oct||Thu 8th Oct||Fri 9th Oct|
|12 +||2D Character Design and Animation|
|14 +||Game Development in Unreal 4|
|12 +||Designing Games|
Holiday Course Descriptions
2D Character Design and Animation
2D Character Design and Animation will teach students the basics of character design, development and animation. Students will create customised characters using illustration techniques and photo editing software which they will animate and import into a prebuilt computer game that they can share with their friends and family.
Discover the exciting world of Unreal Engine 4! With the use of Visual Scripting and Material Creation you will create your very own Prototype 3D Platformer complete with Moving Platforms, Pick-ups, and Multiple Levels using pre-made assets as well as those you will make yourself.
Designing a game may seem easy, after all who hasn’t thought of a great idea for a game, but there are a lot of things that a designer needs to consider.
You will use simple board game style games to explore some key aspects of design before brainstorming your own ideas & beginning to make them using free game engine software. Share your prototype with the class for constructive feedback to make the game even better. At the end of the course you will have a game that you can send to friends and family to play.