Canberra Holiday Courses
- Holiday courses run from 9.00am until 4.00pm
- The campus is open from 8.45am
- All participants will receive a certificate of completion
- Students are encouraged to bring a USB stick to save their work
- For more information on any of these courses please contact our Student Liaison Officer on 02 6162 5131 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for these courses, please fill out the application form below
- AIE in Canberra is located at Block E, Canberra Technology Park, 49 Phillip Avenue, Watson, ACT 2602
- For directions to the AIE Canberra Campus, please visit this page
- Supervision is available after the designated finish time but all students need to be collected by 5pm as the campus closes promptly at that time
ONLY Logged in users see this note
FULL LABEL - REPLACE BACKGROUND COLOUR IN TABLE TD STYLE
background: url('/wp-content/themes/bb-theme-child/images/course-full.png') no-repeat scroll -3px -2px #ffa800; text-decoration: line-through;
|Age||Mon 7th Oct||Tue 8th Oct||Wed 9th Oct||Thu 10th Oct||Fri 11th Oct|
|14 +||Intro to Game Design|
|12 +||2D Character Design|
|12 +||Game development in Unreal Engine|
Holiday Course Descriptions
Learn the fundamentals of designing and making games using a range of software including Twine and the Unity Game Engine. Participants will undertake pen and paper prototyping, writing game design documents and explore digital storytelling. Students will develop a 3D game which will undergo design iteration and user testing. This course is intended for aspiring game designers and those interested in learning more about the various production processes that make up game development.
2D Character Design and Animation
2D Character Design and Animation will teach students the basics of character design, development and animation. Students will create customised characters using illustration techniques and photo editing software which they will animate and import into a prebuilt computer game that they can take home to show their friends and family. Make sure you bring a USB.
Game Development in Unreal
Discover the exciting world of Unreal Engine 4! With the use of Visual Scripting and Material Creation you will create your very own Prototype 3D Platformer complete with Moving Platforms, Pick-ups, and Multiple Levels using pre-made assets as well as those you will make yourself.