Game Design Foundations
Certificate III in Design Fundamentals CUA30720
The Game Design Foundations course will teach students how to develop a game from initial concept to playable demo. Using the Unity 3D game engine or Unreal Engine, art and scripts students design gameplay mechanics and refine them while learning the entire development pipeline.
The course covers:
- Learn how to define and develop game mechanics
- Develop game design documentation
- Rapid prototype gameplay
- Create interactive environments
- Process feedback to refine game design
- No prior programming knowledge required
- Successful completion awarded with Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
The Game Design Foundations course teaches students best practice for iterative game design and emphasises the importance of player feedback. Students will create game design documentation and implement game mechanics through a series of rapid prototypes. Based on player feedback and play testing, the technical mechanics are refined to create a fun and engaging game.
Game Design News
VET for Secondary Schools