VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans commenced on 1 January 2017, replacing the previous VET FEE‑HELP scheme, which ceased on 31 December 2016 for new students.
VET Student Loans are an Australian Government loan scheme for the Vocational Education and Training sector that is part of the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP).
Students studying Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas or the Graduate Diploma may be eligible to apply for a VET Student Loan to defer part of the cost of their tuition fees. Courses are subject to maximum loan caps and students will be required to pay any fee over and above that cap. Read more about the options students have to pay their fees on our payment options page.
A VET Student Loan is repaid through the tax system once a person reaches the minimum income threshold level of repayment. The VET Student Loan remains a personal debt obligation until it is repaid to the Commonwealth and may affect (by reducing) a person’s take-home (after tax) wage or salary until the debt is repaid. It may also affect the borrowing capacity of the person until the debt is repaid to the Commonwealth.
The Australian Government VET Student Loan website provides detailed information about assistance for financing tertiary study: http://www.education.gov.au/vet-student-loans
Eligibility information for students wanting to apply for VET Student Loans can be found in the VET Student Loans information booklet
Students must read this booklet before applying for VET Student Loans.
- VET Student Loans are available for diploma and above level qualifications.
- Students are able to apply for a VET student loan for any approved course, offered by a VET Student Loans approved provider.
- Students must meet citizenship, residency and student entry requirements to be eligible for a VET Student Loan. Read more information about this in the
Student eligibility for VET Student Loans
2018 Loan amounts for AIE Courses
AIE has the following courses on the Eligible Courses list and is an Approved Provider. These courses and loan cap amounts are:
- CUA51015 Diploma of Screen & Media, $10,150
- ICT50215 Diploma of Digital and Interactive Games, $10,150
- 10343NAT Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development, $10,150
- CUA60615 Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media, $10,150
- BSB80615 Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning), $10,150
Students will be required to pay any fee over the loan cap. Read more about the options students have to pay their fees on our payment options page