VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans are an Australian Government loan scheme for the Vocational Education and Training sector that is part of the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP).
Students studying Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas or the Graduate Diploma may be eligible to apply for a VET Student Loan to defer the cost of their tuition fees. Students may choose to use VET Student Loans to cover their tuition fees. You can read about the other options students have to pay their fees on our payment options page.
A VET Student Loan is repaid through the tax system once a person reaches the minimum income threshold level of repayment. The VET Student Loan remains a personal debt obligation until it is repaid to the Commonwealth and may affect (by reducing) a person’s take-home (after tax) wage or salary until the debt is repaid. It may also affect the borrowing capacity of the person until the debt is repaid to the Commonwealth. It is important to note that VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements.
The Australian Government has a website for students with detailed information about VET Student Loans that we recommend you read.
VET Student Loans Information Booklet
Students applying for a VET Student Loan can find important information in the VET Student Loans Information Booklet. This booklet covers eligibility, applying for and managing your loan, as well as your rights and obligations. You must read this booklet before applying for a VET Student Loan.
Detailed eligibility information for students wishing to access VET Student Loans can be found in the Quick Guide to Eligibility. Students can also check their eligibility by using the VET Student Loans Eligibility Tool.
Please note that VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements.
To receive a VET Student Loan, you must:
- Be an eligible student - see Quick Guide to Eligibility.
- Be studying an approved course - see approved courses listed below.
- Be studying with an approved course provider - AIE is an approved VET Student Loans Provider.
- Apply to the government using the approved form - AIE provides this at the time of enrolment.
- Submit Progression Forms to confirm your ongoing engagement with your studies, and continue accessing the loan throughout your course.
The following courses at AIE are approved for VET Student Loans.
- CUA51020 Diploma of Screen and Media
- ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology
- CUA51120 Diploma of Visual Arts
- CUA60620 Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media
- 10702NAT Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development
- BSB80120 Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning)