Victorian Government Funding Information
Victorian Government Funding for Training
AIE Melbourne Campus and Online Campus are approved to provide training services to eligible students delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth funding. This funding is not available to students studying with the Sydney, Canberra, or Adelaide Campuses.
Am I eligible?
Eligibility Criteria for Government Funded courses:
You are eligible for a government subsidised place if you are:
- an Australian citizen; or
- an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent Visa); or
- a New Zealand citizen; or
- an Asylum Seeker (referred or direct enrolment); or
- a referred Victim of Human Trafficking
- have a physical presence in Victoria throughout your study period; or
- have not commenced or scheduled to commence two or more government subsidised courses this year or currently undertaking 2 or more government subsidised courses; or
- are not currently enrolled in a secondary school; or
- have not commenced two or more government subsidised courses/qualifications at the same Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level in your lifetime (excluding courses on the Foundation Skills List).
If you are 20 years of age or over as at 1 January in the year you start your course, you may be eligible for a government-subsidised place if you are applying for a qualification higher than any other qualification you have already completed (in addition to meeting all other eligibility criteria).
You must not:
- be currently enrolled in secondary school. This includes students enrolled in any government, non-government, independent, Catholic or Homeschool.
- be enrolled in the Commonwealth Government’s Skills for Education and Employment program.
- have started, or be due to start, more than two programs in a government subsidised place in the same calendar year; and
- be currently enrolled in two or more programs in government-subsidised places at the same time; and
- have, in your lifetime, started two or more programs in a government-subsidised place at the same AQF level (e.g. Diploma) as the program you are applying for.
Eligibility for a government-subsidised place can be checked by using the government’s online Victoria Skills Gateway Eligibility Indicator
Please Note: This indicator is to be used as a guide only. It does not guarantee you a government-subsidised place with the Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE). AIE will determine your eligibility by conducting a full assessment of your eligibility during your enrolment process.
How do I apply?
The application for the Victoria Training Guarantee Funding is often completed upon your enrolment. You do not need to apply for the funding by yourself.
Please bring at least ONE of the following original documents:
- An Australian Birth Certificate (not Birth Extract)
- A current Australian Passport
- A current New Zealand Passport
- A Naturalisation Certificate
- A current green Medicare Card
- A signed declaration by a relevant referee
- Formal documentation issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship confirming permanent residency
AND if the age is relevant to the student’s eligibility and the date of birth is not on any of the above mentioned documents. You will also need to bring ONE of the following ID:
- A current Drivers Licence
- A current Learner Permit
- A Proof of Age card
- A Keypass card
Programs available for Victorian Government Funding
- Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology ICT20115
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology ICT30118
- 3D Animation & VFX for Film Diploma of Screen & Media CUA51015
- Game Art & Animation Diploma of Screen & Media CUA51015
- Game Design & Production Diploma of Screen & Media CUA51015
- Game Programming Diploma of Digital and Interactive Games ICT50215
- 3D Animation & VFX for Film Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media CUA60615
Viewing our courses page while referring to the above can help clarify the courses that are eligible for funding.
You can see the student tuition fees on the individual course pages (see the links to courses above). The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.